Thursday 3 November 2011

Just a few more things to do

I have the skirt in place. I used 4mm ply to give a good strenth and supported also by two layers of fibreglass, I will give at least one gel coat tomorrow and get a picture done.



I also continued work on the main shutter, I have added a bit of weight with 2 coats of fibreglass aswell as overlapping seams to go around the corners. I also have fiitted the roller wheels. An ingenious idea that was made possible by a local company. I have also fitted the front and backstops for the main shutter and a long hook allows and simple opening mechanism without too much fuss. Today also allowed me to add a few security features for which I wont go into detail but it does stop the shutter being removed from the outside as well as stooping gusts of wind to ripping it off. Bolts are also positioned to stop unwanted rotation when not in use. And the inside of the dome got a coat of black paint. My daughter has a few of those glow in the dark stars on her ceiling and has donated some for me to add to my ceiling when complete.
       I took a pile of scrap wood to the dump today and a chap next to me was dumping the cut off carpet he had spare he kindly let me have it and that was laid this afternoon along wit a good quality underlay. Now the shutters are in place I have installed the scopes, balanced and realigned them. Numerous power supplies and leads have been cable tidied.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...