Thursday 3 November 2011

"Ordo Ab Chao"

Well folks the time has arrived the observatory is complete. It has taken four and a half months of hard work. Sorry about the delay in posting I have been a little greedy on the overtime at work managed to do over 120 hours in the last few weeks. Katie is surprised I even know where I live. The kids only recognise me from the family pictures on the wall!!!!!
    A few friends have asked was it a tough project. Answer no not really the only difficult part has been not having a workshop to allow me to continue working when the weather changed which it did frequently. Covering and unplugging power tools packing them away wasted time. I have learnt numerous new skills including routing, fibreglassing. Oh and the Maths required to work out all the dome sections I thought I had long since forgotten.
My club www.brecklandastro.org.uk 
has asked me to do a membership talk on the construction I am looking forward to presenting in January.
I has been a really great experience and the title of this post says I think I have achieved Order From Chaos If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me and I will be glad to offer any assistance.

I hope you have enjoyed following the build and I am looking foward to posting first light.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...