Friday 30 September 2011

Up, Up and away

The time has come and that horrible feeling in my stomach has returned. Have my measurements been accurate enough has my routing beed steady can I glue and screw a perfect circle. Will the fibreglass peel away the second we start to lift. Anyway my two neighbours are here and it now or nothing. I am going to look and feel so stupid after all the banging and noise they have had to put up with.

1...............2...............3.............. lift.


 It fits perfectly.

I cannot believe how far this project has come along and how proud I am of my achievement. 
I still have not finished the main shutter so I have covered it till my next day off. I have also added a very temporary skirt to keep things water resistant. The small hinged door is also to be completed before I can say I am done. But for today I am one very happy chap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Malc,

An exciting project and you should be proud of it. I look forward to first light from the new dome.

Regards
Dave

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...