Thursday 7 October 2010

NGC 891




NGC 891 is an edge-on unbarred spiral galaxy about 30 million light-years away in the constellation Andromeda. It was discovered by William Herschel on October 6 1784. The galaxy is a member of the NGC 1023 group of galaxies in the Local Supercluster. It has an H II nucleus.

I am not sure if things are working correctly you know?

Since I done a custom white balance using the Deep Sky Filter. When I return to auto white balance and remove the filter the results are very blue and a significantly reduced number of stars are recorded almost as if the filter was still in place. I had to almost remove blue from the processing to get a reasonable pic. I also get blue halos around stars!! Is there some step I am missing. It has been a while since I have been doing any telescope time but I just cannot get my head around this. Next step is to reset the camera back to factory status. ( daylight pics seem fine though aghhhhhhh !!!!!

I have to disappear on the 15th Nov for 8 weeks training so I fear this winter is not going to be as productive as I had hoped.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...