Monday 11 October 2010

M 45 Revisited

     As I mentioned previously I am returning to those treasures that I had previously captured using my Canon 300D. After a wonderful clear sky day at the zoo with my family. I wanted to get what could be the last trip outside before my training starts, and that will mean well into Jan before another opportunity comes along.

So here is the result.

There was a 86% humidity last night so the dew heaters were working overtime but did their job well.

    This image is a stack of 61 x 1 minute Iso 800 unguided exposuress in RAW. No darks or other calibration files used.
I may even have another go with the Lumicon deep sky filter on too?

    I can see a gradient across the image but do not posess the gradient remover tool. Contains a good DDP stretch . This is the first run of this set so I may return and update it if I get chance to look at what else I can do in Images plus. I have the untouched master Tiff file is anyone wants to have a go with it too just drop me an email.

I am quite pleased with the result the wispy tendrills are much more pronounced around Merope and Maia. Everything about the image is a good deal more natural I also like the horizontal shock waves under Electra.

PS poor jpeg compression . I will look at it when I can.

1 comment:

Bob Samuel said...

Very nice - plenty of nebulosity in that one!!!

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...