Saturday 20 April 2013

Rupes Recta

The straight wall as it is commonly known is a geological fault about 110 km's in lenth. From the suns angle it appears as a steep cliff face. Nothing can be futher from the truth. a gentle 7 degree incline gives a striking appearance. A 3 pane mosaic gives wonderful sharpness and detail.

 
I think I am really enjoying the moon again. We regularly curse and wish it away. But I must say I have loved every minute waiting for Regisax to show me a final image. I use Photoshop to stack. I must make one apology though. I have forgotten to a RGB align on the past few images therefore at high magnification you can see the misalignment. I will revisit and correct them. But for now I entend to enjoy our closest neighbour La luna. Comments always welcome. Feel free to offer them.
Addendum 22/4/13 I have now RGB aligned and a gentle sharpen added.


No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...