Sunday 9 December 2012

Sir Patrick Alfred Caldwell-Moore, CBE, FRS, FRAS

A new star shines tonight in the heavens. I was at work today when I head the sad news of the death of Sir Patrick Moore I am sure we all have our own wonderful memories of him whether it was watching him on tv, meeting him at astrofest or just simply being in awe of a true great astronomer. An inspiration to generations of men, women & children to gaze to the heavens, for me it was that spark of eccentric genius that could entertain and leave you wanting more, thats what got me interested in astronomy when I was a child. I could go on for hours, but I guess we all would like to smile and think of our own special memory of a wonderful man.

I hope now Patrick you have all the answers to all the questions you have ever asked about our existance. But I guess using a great quote from the great man himself.

"We just dont know!"
 
 Rest in peace Sir Patrick.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...