Monday 3 December 2012

Kemble's Cascade

Has it really been a month since my last imaging session?. Last night saw a couple of hours of frosty clear skies here in Norfolk. So I took every advantage before a high cloud cover appeared at 21.00hrs. I was a little disappointed I could only manage 42 Minutes of useful data though. I have seen recently a number of images of a wonderful asterism hidden away in the constellation of Camelopardalis. The pretty open cluster of around 45 stars make up NGC 1502 that does have an association with the aptly named Kemble's Cascade. I dont think I have enough data here to show it off to it's best. Imaging at ISO 800 a bit of a push as the moon wasn't all that far away. I was however really impressed with the framing. A perfect size for my set up.

1 comment:

Bob Samuel said...

You have some lovely sharp round stars there, Malcolm - I'm jealous!

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...