Saturday 10 September 2011

Taking Shape





 Hi everyone. Have been a little busy at work for the last week but this weekend is my weekend off. Spent the morning in Norwich buying curtains and insulating liners aswell as roman blinds for the doors and windows in the garden room. Getting ready for the winter. Which leads me back to the observatory. Had a few hours this afternoon and with a few extra helping hands, thank you Katie and Erin for your assistance in holding things steady. I have managed to get the two main arches in place and level and temporarily secured with some batons. Pic 2 gives a close up of the secondary arch that will be cover in hardboard ready for the fibreglass, and of course the upper arch will allow for the shutter to run on a smooth and true path backand forth. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the rest of the arcs cut and have myself a dome. If I say so myself  this is looking fantastic. First light will be a momentus occasion. I hope I am inspiring a few to have a go too. You can do it I am not an engineer and using just the normal domestic tools in my back garden. Give me a shout and send me a link to your ideas and constructions. ( I was going to say erections but I wont) Ha ha.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...