Monday 12 September 2011

Miracle it hasn't rained today


I said yesterday I wont hold my breath for a good day. Maybe I did but didn't know it as despite all weather reports today we have not had a drop of rain. The wind is very strong though we are getting the tail end of Hurricane Katia. As you can see progress has been made today I have completed all the arc sections. Last piece to do is the shutter sections. There will be a hinged shutter piece at the bottom the will drop down when required, the sliding section will roll back to the backstop of the shutter opening there will be an overlap to stop the ingress of water.

You will see what I mean
when they are done.
But for now it is time to baton
down the hatches and try and
protect my work from the
unrelenting power of Katia.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...