Thursday 22 September 2011

Dome ready for Fibreglass

As you can see the dome is ready for the fibreglass. It has been a long slog to get to this part especially as I have done everything myself, the template making of the gores was sometimes difficult as I needed often more hands than I currently own. Clamps help but the size often required a little extra help to hold things in place. Still I am very happy with the result so far.



I have spent the day today making the shutter and the hinged door. The plan is to allow the door to close into position and the shutter slide down over the top.A will post a pic or two when its all in place as hard to descibe without seeing the finished item. I couldn't wait to see what it looked like ontop of the dome. As Rolph Harris would say "can you tell what is is yet"
Shame you can't see the grin on my face at this moment.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...