Tuesday 26 February 2008

Observatory






The observatory would be small I planned a 5 foot x 3 foot in size just enough
to house the scopes. I first dug a nice deep hole for the pier, and cemented in the corners using concrete blocks. Mixer kindly loaned by and transported by family.



For the pier I used a piece of 10" industrial drainage tube it was buried into
the ground by just over 2 and half feet. I reinforced the hole with re bar.

The pier is completely isolated from the shed so free from vibration, you will soon see I have a custom made platform for the mount which I also use on a Steel pillar that is concrete mounted
at Great Ellingham.



The framework for the observatory was made with treated 3 x 2 clad then with OSB board after being filled with polystyrene then finally shiplap was clad on the the outside.



I designed a roll off roof structure that again I built myself again cladding and felt to complete.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...