Wednesday 27 February 2008

Observatory

I like many of my fellow members of Breckland Astronomical Society have a great deal of kit that needs careful setup and aligning, before you can even contemplate taking a picture. Here is where the dilemma begins.

Dilemma 1 ..To find a practical and easy solution to minimise set up procedure.

Dilemma no 2.. I have a small back garden with a garden shed & my daughters Wendy house and we didn't want another shed losing even more space.

The solution was to have something as small as possible just to house the scopes for imaging.
as my observing is generally done at our Society's Great Ellingham observatory I didn't mind and was happy to compromise on a small observatory.
The conclusion as then to build a purpose built roll on roll off roof shed. I have no experience with fibreglass to consider a dome,
so this was the easier option as all the work will be done by myself.

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...