Tuesday 13 April 2021

Markarians Chain

With more Messier numbers and Ngc's than you scan shake a stick at Markarian’s Chain can be found on the outer edge of the Virgo constellation, Sandwiched between Denebola and Vindemiatrix, a small section of the Virgo Super cluster is aptly named Markarians Chain. You can see highlighted from the graphic that each galaxy looks like it is linked to the next to form this spectacular galactic chain. I wanted to frame this image slightly different but found myself reluctant to rotate the camera angle and the need for new calibration frames. I can't decide whether I like the horizontal or vertical view, let me know what you think.





No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...