Sunday 29 August 2021

Ngc 7000 Narrowband.

 The Curse of the new gear strikes again.

Yes the weather has not played ball for the last couple of weeks lending credence to the curse of the new gear for us astronomers. I am desperate and stupidly excited to create my first "Hubble Palette" style image using the Optolong Narrowband 36mm filters in the ZWO filter wheel. I did manage to get the filters installed with no issues and had to wait a week to test. All filters are parfocal and using the ZWO EAF "auto focusser" all gave pinpoints stars within 10 focus steps. Sometimes seeing can set the focus point with a difference of up to 30 steps so very happy with that. I first tested the Ha filter on NGC7000 and here is a stack of 12 x 5 minute exposures.

Hydrogen Alpha 7nm Optolong Filter. 12 x 5 minutes

I have imaged this target many times in the past and I am stunned at the quality with a 1 hour stack.

I have had to wait a while longer to image the OIII and S2 filters. 

OIII 7nm Oxygen III Optolong Filter. 18 x 10 Minutes


Sulphur 2 7nm Optolong Filter 18 x 10 Minutes


All Combined in the Hubble Palette RGB image.




No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...