Monday 14 September 2020

M33

Some people like dairy milk, some like a Wispa me I love a good Galaxy. How about this one. About 2.8 billion light years away. M33 the Triangulum galaxy is part of the local group. I am sure there is another Astro Geek on a planet surrounding one of it's 40 billion stars looking over the galactic fence at us here. A very diffuse object I can't say I have seen it naked eye, others claim too but a wonderful sight in binoculars and a wide field eyepiece. Five hours worth of data for this one.

Image 1 is calibrated in Deep sky stacker and processed in Photoshop.


Image 2 is calibrated in Astro Pixel Processor and processed in Photoshop.

What an incredible difference.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...