The Pinwheel Galaxy, M101, NGC 4547 was discovered in 1781. The observation was subsequently passed onto Messier who confirmed it's position and was one of his final additions to the catalogue. Estimated to be approx 70% larger than our own galaxy at a distance of 21 Million light years. I am happy with this capture of 3 hours 20 minutes in 20 minute sub exposures. calibrated in Maxim DL and processed in photoshop. Ha regions can be seen and I am very pleased with the detail all the way to the core of this beautiful showpiece galaxy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Comet Tsuchinshan-ATLAS, C/2023 A3 , Comet A3,
A cosmic wanderer, Comet Tsuchinshan-Atlas or more commonly known as Comet A3 has traced its elliptical path through the solar system, a j...
-
ASTRONOMER: When you rearrange the letters: MOON STARER Does anyone know any more that are astro related??
-
My previous post of M97 & M108 required further inspection as I could see numerous faint fuzzies about 20 in all. I have highlighted the...

1 comment:
Very surprised to be the first to comment on this image. OUTSTANDING!
Post a Comment