Thursday 6 February 2014

Rosette Again

The weather has been awful for most of the UK this last few weeks and I feel for those in my county of birth in Somerset. It has given me the chance to reprocess my 8 hour image of the Rosette nebula. Stacked with calibration frames using Maxim DL. As mentioned before I am using my new learnt skills using Photoshopto process. The use of levels & curves tease out the detail hidden in a master frame. A DDP algorythym in Imagesplus was the software of choice to do this previously. Various blending modes and layer masks allow me more control over the final result. I have mentioned a few times before that I prefere to under process rather than over do it. Each of us has our own way of doing things and it is always fantastic to see others interpretations of these enigmatic targets we choose to image. I am trying to put together a tutorial for my workflow, I will of course share when I have completed it. For now please enjoy my image. I have certainly enjoyed putting it together.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...