Thursday 3 October 2013

Old favourites

The new set up is better than I would have hoped. Shame the skies have not been so cooperative. However last friday was beautifully clear. I wanted to capture and old favourite a target I was familiar with to put the scope & camera to the test. Guiding was absolutely flawless, sub pixel guiding for ever 3 hours. Captured in 5 minute subs these are the hugely cropped images of M81 & M82 processed in pixinsight by fellow blogger Andrew. It was amazing to see the workflow used by Andrew to pull out the detail in the pair of galaxies. I have also darkened the sky background.


I have a small issue with hot pixels which will be addressed, but I just wanted to get some photons on that CCD. I also have a William Optics 50 mm finder scope which other astrophotographers have used their guider. I think I will have a go and use the GT81 with the 40D Canon. I hope you liking the first results.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...