Friday 6 September 2013

First test of the mount

Having completed the set up and install of cables etc. time has come to test the mount from it,s initial switch on. I aimed at a familiar target and let PHD do it's set up. My first test shot was a 10 minute exposure this would have been a personal record in itself. The second was 20 minutes and the third 30 minutes. to say the least I was very excited in seeing an image appear like these on the screen.



I am very pleased with the initial results and I want to look into recording the periodic error, using the data from that to guide more accurately.

I used the familiar Canon 40D as the imaging camera, I am of course used to it's set up and user friendliness. I would restrain myself and set up the starlight express when I am happy everthing works.

It appears everything is working well.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...