Saturday 20 April 2013

Finally.......

The weather has been unkind, the neighbours wall and roof unmovable, these are just two of the annoyances to a backyard astronomer like myself. This is the first image I have taken of comet Pan Starrs. As it moves further north it also fades in brightness. With a wonderful fan like tail still a wonderful sight through a wide field scope like mine. It cleared the roof structure at around 11.00 pm and I set about with a few 1 minute frames to stack. I am pleased with the result. I was gutted that I missed the opportunity to capture it with the beautiful Andromeda galaxy. Unlike a couple of my fellow bloggers. Andrew for starters at  http://blog.andrewluck.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Final.jpg    Dr Dan's http://farawaythings.blogspot.co.uk/Fantastic result gents. I am a bit disappointed that there is no second point of interest in the image, on the other hand just happy to get a decent enough image to publish.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...