Thursday 21 June 2012

The Eagle Rises





A short window of opportunity arises for some of our galaxies southern belles.
As wonderful my new site is I still have a restricted view of the south and thus
only a small time frame in which to capture any of the wonders here.I could not
even see antares from my previous location. So as you can imagine was quite frustrating
during the summer months. Due south for me now still lies above the town of Watton 3 miles away, sky glow is not too bad along with a never truly dark sky I have been careful in setting the right exposure. 26 minutes was all I could capture for this beauty. Having never imaged M16 before I was delighted to capture some of the ha I knew I couldnt push any harder as the test images were almost washed out. So here it is The pillars of creation set against a myriad of diamonds.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...