Friday 23 March 2012

M59, M60 Galaxies

The last couple of nights have been wonderfully clear. It's a shame I have had to work too next day, I closed up both nights just after 1.00am up again for 6.00am. My first target was was a couple of fuzzies of the virgo cluster. M59 and the mamoth eliptical galaxy M60. Harbouring one of the largest black holes ever found at about 4.5 billion solar masses. My image shows M60 and NGC4647 overlapping but there is no evidence to suggest the 2 are or have interacted in the distant past. At 55 Million light years away who know whats going on today.

1hr 15 minutes at ISO1600 has revealed a wealth of detail I am pleased with. I hope to revisit and pick up a few more photons soon.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...