Tuesday 23 August 2011

The pier

What phrase is it the kids are using these days OMG. I think that sums it up.
Today I looked rather suspicious in the car park at work doing what looked like a dodgy deal from the back of 2 open car boots. Let me put your minds at rest. I havent turned to the dark side but I was collecting the custom made pier made by a work colleague Nathan.

Taking us both to lift it in to my car I rushed it home. I had to wait though till I got home this evening to get it out from the dining room floor and into position. I just had to know if it fits.



Oh My God it's huge. It's heavy and a hernier later lifting it on, yes it fits perfectly onto 3 feet of cured concrete. From the state of the weather forecast It may not be till next week until I can get the scope attatched and do a polar alignment. But for this minute I am one happy man. It will get several coats of primer and a nice Glossy black finish before it takes up permanent resisdence at the new Hills Observatory. (I am sure you can picture the huge smile on my face as I typed this tonight)


My sincere thanks Nathan for a fantastic job. Our best wishes, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...