Thursday 4 August 2011

Insulation and flooring

It has been a good week since anything has been done. A few well deserved days off work has allowed me to crack on. I have used 50mm Polystyrene insulation in the wall cavaties and under the floor as well as some security measueres to give added protection. This gave me the opportunity to install the cables to the light fittings, switches and get the heater cables and enough mains sockets for future add ons!!



Loft boards were used for the flooring and a layer of hardboard for the inner walls. All will be painted black in due course. A fellow society member Tony Fox Carter is currently making me the steel door similar to the style that graced my previous observatory. Probably overkill but security is my business and it never pays to cut corners on what is the most vulnerable part of the structure.


No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...