Saturday 23 April 2011

Last Light

Sad news fellow bloggers from Saham Observatory. Last light from my observatory maybe anyday now. For four years I have viewed the heavens from what is a reasonable, dark sky. Equipment has performed almost flawlessly giving me some wonderful images I have posted here. But alas all good things come to an end.

Now for some good news. We have a new house, bigger than the last one for our expanding family. and a better view of the southern sky from which to observe. No more trying to observe Orion from behind our roof. No more searching for a cosmic clouds of smoke, but  instead imaging smoke from the neighbours wood burner at two in the morning.

So it is back to the drawing board for me to come up with a new design for the new Hills Observatory. Bigger better, and for heavens sake Malcolm remember the the difference between external wall and internal wall measurements!!!!!!!

So a moving date of the first of june is on the cards. Whether I can get something built before the winter is another thing.

I will keep you all posted as to progress and will be sure to have a detailed photo blog to see the progress throughout construction.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...