Saturday 25 April 2015

Star trails

Star trails from Saham Hills observatory

 
 
The last time I imaged star trails was with my old Olympus OM1 film camera back in Somerset.
I have seen a few really nice compositions on various Facebook pages using a free programme
http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html .A very simple programme to use. Take the images load into programme and select the trail type and go. In a short while you have a fantastic pic like this.
 
 The sequence is 150 x 40 second images from the Canon 40D and 18-85 IS USM lens @18mm Iso 400.
Capture started at 21.22 hence the deep blue sky. The bright star at bottom right is Vega rising. I am sure I will be posting many more of these before the year is out.


No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...