Saturday 28 December 2013

Winter Project. Rosette Nebula.

This is a processd image from last night. 2 Hours worth of data in 10 minute subs. I would like to collect at least 6-8 hours plus calibration frames. No calibration frames taken as yet.
                 I see the way I would like this post to pan out showing a 2, 4, 6 hour image then a fianl calibrated processed pic to complete. But as we all know weather here is a shocker and this is the first real attempt in approx 6 weeks. We will see how this progresses and I will of course keep you all posted.
                 I now have my own set of T2 spacers and completed the set up last night, with CCD inspector showing a very flat field with even focus throughout. The biggest defect I can see here is the need for a flat field.
                 Even though the wind was swirly outside the dome the guiding graph showed no errors in the 2 hours taken. Although expected I am very impressed with the Ha sensitivity of the camera a huge difference between the un modded Canon 40D. It will be fun to go through targets imaged over the last couple of years and see the differences.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...