Sunday 19 September 2021

LIke a bat outta hell

 Well Autumn is definitely upon us, the evening air currently is very high with moisture and this affects the seeing and affects the quality of our astro images. I am unsure if I am happy with my red filter. After an hour of RGB subs my reds showed a large red halo around the larger stars. Run the same series of images with the Ha filter and really tight stars. So the below image is a short run of 10 x 5 minute subs for Ha G&B captured with the ASI air pro and stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and finally processed in Photoshop. I also used an HA layer as a luminance filter. I am very happy with the image quality and depth the new camera produces.


No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...