Sunday 27 July 2014

M17 The swan Nebula

It has been a very long time since we have had a decent run of good weather here. Plus I have just started 2 weeks holiday with some clear skies so things are really looking up for us astronomers literally !!

We all know how low the constellation of Sagittarius is from the UK, I can see part of the teapot asterism for a short period coming from behind some poplar trees crossing our lane the disappearing as quick as it arrived behind the front wall of my house. I recently saw a post of M17 with some lovely detail and colour. I wanted to see what I could capture in a very short space of time. I have captured here 4 x 600 second exposures calibrated in Maxim DL. Processed in photoshop.

No comments:

California Nebula

  NGC1499 The California Nebula. Discovered in 1889 The California Nebula is an emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, currently v...